Monday 17 June 2013

Saturday 24th May 2008 (p3011)

More Parisian tourism, Eiffel Tower, Monmartre and so on. During the day we just about avoided any relationship drama, though there was a brief episode in Monmartre when she almost ran off. Then later in the hotel it all broke apart and she did run off, out of the hotel.

We were going to see Animal Collective on this day. That was the whole purpose of the trip. Then she ran off and I couldn't find her. I searched around. I went to the venue. I went back on the Metro. Desperately searching a big capital city. Hopelessly. Eventually I went to the gig on my own. I didn't have much fun but there was one moment when they segued unexpectedly into 'Leaf House' when I felt quite overcome with emotion.

I found her at the end of the gig. She had found her way in. I think she might even have found another ticket because I had our tickets She had fun. I was depressed and traumatised, and that killed any possibility of any kind of party or Parisian fun apres-gig.


No comments:

Post a Comment