Monday 10 September 2012

Sunday 9th September 2007 (pp356-360)

Perhaps the reason I only wrote five pages on this day in 2007 was that I was recovering from the party the night before. I don't remember.

However, on this day in 2012, I relived elements of five years ago. We went on the bus along the coach to Beachy Head. It was the journey I regularly took to work in Newhaven in the Summer of 2007. The sea on the right is sparkling blindingly, and we're passing through a historical landscape dominated by nature. The expanse of sea really is an overpowering presence and the small towns and villages are impotent blisters on its glory. It used to inspire me as I wrote on that journey. I think about taking this journey again, just to write, sitting in the front seat of the top deck.






No comments:

Post a Comment