Wednesday 29 May 2013

Tuesday 13th May 2008 (pp2912-21)

I used to frequently go to the café at Komedia to write. My girlfriend worked there and she made me free cappuccini. 

The writing below is about real life, including the desire to get my hair cut; it was long and tangled and I didn't wash it for about 8 months or something, as a little competition with myself, I think I had washed it by this point though; she washed it in the bath, almost ritualistically. Furthermorely, I wrote about Bat For Lashes rehearsing at the studio adjacent to the bakery I worked at. I'd listen wistfully at the door to the songs that would make up the new album. I wrote about it and thought that maybe I could send the writing to a music magazine, maybe Plan B and they could publish it.











No comments:

Post a Comment