Tuesday 17 September 2013

Wednesday 17th September 2008 (pp3878-90)

I'd like to say a little bit about my change in writing policy since the Island Man project. I have bought a new small Windows laptop on which I write my current novel in lieu of notebooks. All that stuff I said about the tactile satisfaction of a pen on paper has been reneged. I have forsaken the pen and paper.

I did it because I want to finish this novel and I want to work on it being good. Typing it directly into a laptop is the most efficient way of getting it finished. 

You get used to the more stilted translation of your thoughts into words. 

I'm writing 4000 words a week. I should think when I was doing the ten pages a day, that was about 2000 words a day, so my current rate seems lame compared to that but it's manageable and it will all be first draft, not just pages and pages of complaining about the burden of writing.














No comments:

Post a Comment