Tuesday 9 April 2013

Sunday 6th April 2008 (pp2548-56)

We went to the Sussex Yeoman to have a roast. It was snowing; completely out of the blue, it started snowing in April. (This was 2008.) We talked about my book in the pub over the roast. It helps a great deal to say things out loud, to articulate plot lines and ideas. They often sound stupid when you say them aloud. When we got home I wrote down what we had talked about (see below). I remember particularly telling her that the island man would communicate with the go-between by phone. She thought this was stupid.

Last Sunday (in 2013) I went to the Sussex Yeoman with Rose for a roast. It was snowing very slightly, but this year it wasn't out of the blue. I had suggested we go there in the knowledge that five years ago I had gone there at the same time of year for a roast with a different girl in different circumstances. I wanted to acknowledge how much distance I had travelled in time, whilst staying in exactly the same position in space.










No comments:

Post a Comment